Read Our Latest Blog
It’s been nearly eight years since we celebrated an earth bound birthday for our beloved Psychic Sylvia Browne. As with every year, we celebrate our beautiful teacher, spiritual healer and activist by remembering, honoring and sharing her life’s work. Happy heavenly birthday Sylvia, October 19th.
Many who knew Sylvia, knew how much joy she felt enriching and educating others. Starting her journey off as a mother and an English teacher, Sylvia knew early on that educating the world was something she was deeply passionate about. Her legacy certainly continues to reach new generations through her 50+ books, countless recorded teachings and her founded church, Society Of Novus Spiritus. Sylvia even created her own spiritual jewelry collection each design has a symbolic meaning and often referenced in her books.
4 Ways to Volunteer as a Family This Fall
- 1. Donate Gently-Used Halloween Costumes to Homeless Children Do you still have
- last year’s Halloween costume tucked away somewhere? Consider donating it to a
- family homeless shelter or other service agency so that another child can wear.
- 2. Honor Veterans Veteran’s Day is November 11th. Create care packages and write
- letters to soldiers abroad.
- 3.Rake Leaves for an Elderly or Disabled Neighbor. As the leaves start to fall, offer to
- rake the yard of a friend or neighbor who might need a little extra help.
- 4. Donate Food to a Local Food Bank. As a family, pick out some canned and non-perishable
- foods for your local Food Bank.
SPIRIT OF CHILDREN
What We Do Spirit of Children has been making hospitals less scary for children and their families since 2006 by providing fun and funding to Child Life Departments within children’s hospitals. It started with Halloween parties at 11 hospitals in 2006. Today we have 144 partner hospitals across the United States and Canada.
What We’ve Accomplished throughout the Halloween season, all Spirit Halloween stores conduct in-store fundraising. Since 2007, we’ve successfully collected over $65 million in cash and merchandise to support the efforts of Child Life Specialists who provide therapeutic and emotional healing to young patients while doctors and nurses focus on medical treatment.
Where Donations Go 100% of your donation goes to your local partner hospital to support the Child Life Department. Funding provides salaries for Child Life Specialists and Fellows, a full-time Child Life presence in the Emergency Department, creation of dedicated playrooms, teen lounges and family space, and the ability for our hospitals to purchase sensory and educational equipment, computers, iPads and distraction toys for use during procedures as well as toys created specifically for physical and developmental limitations. Learn more.